Sydney City Nightscapes Workshop with Jason Futrill (@tassiegrammer)
April 8 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join Jason Futrill (@tassiegrammer) for this Sydney CBD nightscape photography workshop and learn how to capture great images of Sydney at night using the NiSi Natural Night Filter.
During this workshop you will learn how to use your camera to capture the best results during night time shooting, effectively use your camera settings to control aperture, ISO and shutter speeds, get an introduction to low light long exposure photography, correctly exposing your images in low light conditions, shoot light trails for single images and exposure blending and to effectively use the NiSi Natural Night Filter.
This workshop will be located at Circular Quay in Sydney with multiple locations throughout the event. Some walking will be involved around Circular Quay to shoot a variety of different styles of images in various locations which will be selected on the night based on conditions.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
- How to effectively use aperture, ISO and shutter speeds to capture a variety of different images
- How to use the NiSi Natural Night filter effectively
- Capturing single exposures and multiple exposures for blending during post processing
- How to effectively use various lenses and focal lengths to capture different styles of images
- How to properly capture light trails to create drama and a sense of time and movement in your images
- The importance of using a stable tripod to capture sharp images
What to bring:
- DSLR or Mirrorless camera with full manual controls and a “bulb” shooting mode (definitely required)
- Mid range to wide angle lens to capture a variety of different focal lengths
- A stable tripod (definitely required)
- Remote shutter releases cable / intervalometer (definitely required)
- Spare fully charged battery for your camera (definitely required)
- SD Card or CF card for your camera with plenty of space to capture a lot of images (definitely required)
- Comfortable walking shoes
Unlimited live-streaming tickets available now!
In light of the evolving situation, it is with a heavy heart that we’ll be cancelling the Sydney City Nightscape Workshop, as we won’t be able to provide the best experience considering the given climate. If you’d like to continue to support Georges, we can transfer your existing purchase to another live stream workshop event or provide a refund. Please contact us so we may process your order swiftly or if you have any further queries.
Thanks, Georges Cameras
Our $5 live stream ticket sale has expired. We will honour the pricing to those who have already made their purchases, however we appreciate if you can continue to support local Australian businesses during these tough times. We’ll be offering our live stream tickets at 50% off at $25.00 (RRP $50).
Due to the new protocols as advised by the NSW Government, we’ll only be offering live streaming tickets to ensure you, our guests and teams safety. If you have purchased a in-person workshop ticket, we have sent through an email for the next steps. If you haven’t received the email or cannot find it, please contact us. Our early bird $5 special will be offered for a limited time only! Get yours quick!