My name is Thirapat Ekbundit but I called myself Paul lol. I’m an international student from Bangkok who has been living in Sydney for 7 years. I create contents for cafes, restaurants and homeware brands. My hobby is finding a new place to eat everyday.
What gear do you use to take your photos?
I’m a big fan of Fujifilm! Currently I’m still using the X-T2 (hoping to upgrade to X-T4 after the virus). My favourite lenses are the 56mmf1.2 and 35mmf2, but I also can’t live without the 80mmf2.8 Macro and 10-24mmf4.
What type of photography are you into?
I started with food review a few years back. Back when not that many people took photos of their breakfast seriously, and nobody questioned it haha. I’m still going to cafes and restaurants for a living. But I do a lot of lifestyle more now. You know, that travel, fashion, and interior design world of Instagram.
How did you start photography? What/Who inspires you?
I was very inspired after the #WWIM12_SYD which was the first instameet ever in Australia, in 2015. So I can say those who hosted the event were my inspirations. I’m talking about @twistdee @koentadyy @demas and @killianpham. Then I keep getting inspired by @taramilktea & @helloemilie so I keep taking photos until today.
Top 3 photo locations to shoot?
I don’t have specific places but I have routes that never get bored of!
1. A drive from Sydney to Mt.Wilson
2. A walk from Bondi to Coogee
3. A ferry from Darling Harbour to Kirribilli wharf
Top 3 photo/edit tips?
As a food photographer I would suggest: 3 tips for before/during and after the photoshoot.
– Clean the table, clean the dish, clean the prop! You will thank yourself later.
– Bring a fan brush and hand towel with you everywhere.
– Stop looking at other people’s photo. If you want to do that maybe do it a night before the shoot. Sleep on it. Now it’s time to create some original art of your own.
– You can desaturate the blue/cyan out of your food photo to make it warmer, without pushing the temperature too far and turn every single thing yellow.
Check out my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl7l5541BRg
What has been your most memorable experience?
Instagram community never stops amaze me. I like how people can meet online nowadays then actually going out traveling together, sharing experiences and just enjoying photography.