With the implementations of new protocols around Sydney, NSW to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) it is crucial to continue to practice general hygiene more than ever and limiting your interactions with social distancing.
While you may be in the comfort of your own home, let’s be honest, it can get boring. Here are a few things you can do whilst social distancing to keep yourself entertained, engaged and active with photography and videography.
- Create videos and share your passion or creation or share your daily vlogs
- Start live streams or virtual meetups to stay connected with your friends or others who are interested in the type of content you’re filming
- Get crafty, start your own DIY project such as putting together a photo scrapbook or finally putting those printed photos into your photo album books
- Connect and facetime your family and friends, especially if you live alone just to let them know how you are and check in on them
- Make a time capsule, and share how you survived during social distancing and share this with your family in 30 years time!
- Read a book and keep your brain engaged while you learn the history of photography
- Learn to cook new dishes and capture your progress to share with your friends and family
- Challenge your brain and learn a new skill to level up your photography editing skills or video making skills i.e. learning how to use Adobe Lightroom or After Effects
- Listen to podcasts! You can learn and get more insight of various perspectives in various areas such as your favourite photographer, their values and perspectives
- Learn a new language…or just the basics! Learning a few phrases in another tongue will keep your brain ticking or help you to understand photography terms better when watching those Youtube videos
- Go for a walk and bring your camera along too! You never know what beautiful moments you’ll be able to capture
- Workout at home! It is important to keep our bodies healthy so make sure to dedicate some time to exercising. You can find a quick workout on Youtube or film one yourself to share with your viewers and friends
- Gardening is a great way to be active and resourceful too! Growing your own produce will reduce the pressure at our groceries and shortens your interactions with crowds. Make sure to record the growth of your avocado plant cause it takes about 25 years from an avocado pit to a tree that will bear fruit
- Meditate, this is a rare occasion where you’ll be able to relax and learn more about yourself as you reflect and observe yourself. You might even feel inspired afterwards!
- Throw a Netflix party, you can still get together with your friends virtually as you catch up with your weekly movie nights!
- Nap, why not!
Continue to support your local businesses online! Whether it be purchasing your dream camera, opting for a credit note or donating your event tickets or ordering takeaway to spice up your meals, you can make the difference to these businesses.
You can still shop with us online and our team will still be available to answer your calls and online enquiries. Also note express shipping or same day courier are subjected to product availability. For express shipping and same day courier please contact our team via Live Chat or call (02) 9299 2323, where they will provide a quote.