The Moza Aircross 2 is the latest gimbal update to the Aircross series. It boasts a stylish redesign and a range of new features. In this blog post, we will outline the brand new features and changes.
Design & Ergonomics
The Moza Aircross 2 boasts several design changes and similarities including:
- Included tripod for ease of balancing
- Joystick and trigger for gimbal control
- A focus wheel with inbuilt RGB lighting
- Removable battery that can be charged via USB-C externally or in the gimbal
- L bracket which allows you to mount the camera landscape or portrait
- Easy to use onboard menu
The Moza Aircross 2 boasts a long battery life of 12 hours, and can be charged on the go. Furthermore has a payload rating of 3.5KG, allowing the support of most mirrorless camera kits and compact DSLRs. Lastly there is a cool new mode called “Inception”. Inception flips the gimbal in a 360 degree motion, allowing you to shoot some unique angles.
Through testing we noticed there are a few issues including:
- Jittering at certain angles or whilst in fast motion. However the jittering doesn’t usually affect the quality of shooting as seen in our sample footage.
- The focus wheel doesn’t have resistance, so it is difficult to manually focus at times.
Overall the Moza Aircross 2 is a fantastic compact gimbal that is almost perfect. It boasts a great payload rating, battery life, and a variety of features. In addition, it is at a affordable price point, making it accessible to everyone.