Panasonic are on a roll right now with rolling out S series, and providing big firmware updates. In this blog post, we’ll outline everything you need to know about the November 2019 Panasonic update.
Panasonic Lumix S Pro 70-200MM F2.8
A versatile telephoto lenses aimed at enthusiasts and professionals. The Panasonic Lumix S Pro 70-200mm F2.8 is designed to take a beating in poor weather conditions, and boast super sharp performance. It has optical image stabilisation which works alongside the Lumix Dual I.S to grant up to 7 stops of image stabilisation.
Panasonic Lumix S Pro 16-35MM F4
A wide angle lens perfect for videographers, landscape photographers and travellers. The Panasonic Lumix S Pro 16-35MM F4 is a compact wide angle lens designed to be carried everywhere. Like the 70-200MM F2.8, the 16-35MM F4 is designed to be weather resistant.
New Firmware Updates For S and G Series
Below is a summary of the firmware updates for each camera.
Panasonic S1 and S1R
• S1/S1R – will be compatible with CFExpress cards
• S1/S1R – will be compatible with Profoto Wireless flash transmitters
• S1/S1R – can manually set exposure during High Speed Video
• S1/S1R – Stabilisation level up to 7 stops!
• GH5/GH5S/G9 – compatible with Profoto Wireless Flash Transmitters
• GH5S/G9 – Improved auto focus – now with animal detection mode
• GH5/GH5S/G9 – now has new focus mode introduced on S Series (AF:On near shift and AF:On far shift)
• GH5/GH5S/G9 – focus peaking available in AF (in addition to MF)
• GH5/GH5S/G9 – compatibility with the LumixSync app
• G9 – High Res Mode update – now supports Mode 2 (for use with moving scenes)
Panasonic G9 Video
• 4K 25p/30p 4:2:2 10bit internal recording
• 4K 50p/60p 4:2:2 10bit external over HDMI is supported
• Variable Frame Rate recording is added (FHD 2 – 180fps, 4K 2 – 60fps)
• HDR HLG Video Recording
• V-Log L recording & waveform monitor are now compatible with the DMW-SFU1