On August 23rd at 2PM AEST Nikon dropped a huge announcement for two brand new full frame mirrorless cameras the Nikon Z7 and Z6. The Nikon Z7 is due to drop in Japan at the end of September and the Nikon Z6 is due to drop at the end of the year in November. Prices are currently unknown but here’s some highlight features that both cameras share.
- Both will have the brand new Nikon Z Mount which has a huge internal diameter of 55mm and a tiny 16mm flange distance, allowing Nikon to now be able to produce lenses that open as wide as f/0.95
- 5 Axis IBIS in both cameras which is big for telephoto users, low light lovers and videographers
- 4K up to 30 FPS and FULL HD up to 120 FPS video recording with N-Log.
- Weather sealed
- A Nikon FTS adapter will be available to mount F lenses to the Nikon Z7/Z6 will full AF capabilities
- High end EVF with a 3 inch tilt touch screen
These are the lenses that will be dropping throughout the next three years, get excited especially for that 58mm f/0.95 NOCT.
The Nikon Z7 and Z6
We are super excited about this, and we will be taking pre orders soon. Pricing is TBC.
Watch our 2 hour live stream analysis here. The official stream starts around the 1 hour mark.